School’s Out For Summer!
June 06, 2014
Posted By: Shaunescy
Wahoo! I am so very pleased. I can hardly begin to tell you the many reasons that I am happy for school to be over. Perhaps the absolute numero uno is this, I love hanging out with my kids in the morning.
But if I am really truthful:
1. I can wear my jammies until 9 am for a while. Versus trying to look like a strong and able mama by 8:00 AM.
2. The kids will entertain themselves with mud puddles and the like for hours. . .
3. (which means) I can dive back into some of my work, like I've been dying to do instead of being the support crew.
4. Painting, loads of painting. Watercolors, finger paints, chalk and water - all outside.
5. Sprinklers. The lawn has to be watered anyway, let the pirates be in charge of that. (I pay mine 10 cents a day to man that task.)
6. No more packed lunches!
7. The driving. UGH. I don't have to do all of the same driving. (It's just a bit different, because instead of being a taxi, it's 100% for field trips now.)
8. Family visits , Montana wandering, camping. All amazing and available things.
9. Reading and vocab lessons. I am so thankful for my son's reading teacher -- she was amazing and tough and smart, but now (and in many ways thanks to her) we are finally ready to tackle Harry Potter.
10. I want to play with my kids. Yep, we will have structure with camps and swim lessons and the like, but I LOVE the unstructured playtime.
What are you looking forward to?
All my best, BunnyFufu ~ The Housewife