Munchkin’s Picks—Fun this Week
July 01, 2015
Posted By: Shaunescy
Here is what is happening this week, June 29- July 5.
This weekend is Independence Day! Lots of activities going on for Independence Day!
• Butte -- 4th of July Parade on Harrison Ave at 10am
• Anaconda – 4th of July Parade at 10am
• Condon – 4th of July Parade at 11am from Liquid Louie’s to Community Hall
• Livingston – 4th of July Parade on July 2nd at 3pm
• Big Fork – 4th of July Parade at noon
• Kalispell – 4th of July Parade at 10am
• Great Falls – 4th of July Parade at 11am
• Butte – July 3rd fireworks on the Big M starting at dusk
• Anaconda – July 4th Fireworks at dusk in Washoe Park
• Condon – July 4th fireworks at dusk at the Arena
• Deer Lodge – July 4th fireworks at dusk at the Old Prison Yard
• Virginia City – July 4th fireworks on Boot Hill at dusk
• Bozeman – July 4th fireworks at the Gallatin County Fairgrounds at dusk
• Missoula – July 4th fireworks at the Southgate Mall at dusk
Butte American is one of the places you want to be on the Fourth of July!!! On July 3rd there is a fireworks display on the Big M that starts at dusk, so I would say about 9:30. Also on July 3rd there is the Uptown Art Walk that runs from 5-9pm. July 4th the annual parade starts at 10am on Harrison Ave. July 5th it is the 2nd Annual Hot Ice Classic Car show at 10am at Clarks Park. Proceeds go to the Community Ice Center. Entry fee is $20. Call 406-490-1845 to register.
Deer Lodge is having their Annual 4th of July free fireworks display and pig roast at the Old Prison Yard, gates open at 5:30pm.
July 5th in Drummond is the 73rd Annual PRCA Rodeo, with a parade at noon, followed by the main event at 2pm with saddle bronc and bare back riding, barrel racing, steer wrestling, tie down, team roping and bull riding. $10 for Adults and $5 for kids 6-10 free for kids 6 and under.
Virginia City sounds like a fun place to be this weekend. July 3rd through July 5th Nevada City and Virginia City celebrates the Fourth of July. A day full of contests, competitions, and talks and demonstrations focusing on life in the 19th century. Join in the fun and bring a picnic lunch. Pie eating contest, homemade ice cream, and famous pie auction. Competitions will include Cross Cut Saw Competition, hoop rolling, graces, tug of war and more. On July 4th the fireworks with start at dusk on Boot Hill.
Bozeman is having live music, a BBQ, and fireworks at the Gallatin County Fairgrounds. BBQ starts at 6:30 July 4th and concerts follows shortly after and fireworks start at about 10pm.
July 3rd there is a Missoula Ospreys game at 6:30, they are playing Great Falls. After the game there will be fireworks. It is $10 a ticket. Fort Missoula is where you want to be July 4th. There are events going on all day long starting at 10am. There will be food vendors, kid activities, live music, and more. $15 for a family, $5 for Adults, $3 for Kids (6 and under are free.)
The Livingston Roundup Rodeo starts July 2nd and runs through July 4th. Since 1924 this rodeo has been the 10th highest purse in the nation over the 4th of July weekend. The rodeo draws in more than 10,000 spectators every year. There will be fireworks every night.
Big Fork is having their annual 4th of July Parade and BBQ. The parade starts at noon. There will be horses, clowns, fire trucks, and floats streaming down Grand Electric Avenue. The fire department BBQ will follow the parade.
Shannon is Montana Parent Magazine's intern for the summer. She is currently a senior at the University of Montana Western. She is a Butte native with strong Irish roots. She doesn't have kids of her own yet but she has 4 dogs that she loves and treats as her own.