Make a Bathtub Armada - an Origami How To with Step-by-Step Pictures
January 05, 2014
Posted By: Shaunescy
Here is a fun little How-To to do with your kids on a cold day!
Origami is really fun and engaging. I always seem to have a pile of origami paper hanging around and the foil paper works the best as it doesn't get soggy and disintegrate when you set your armada to sea. If you don't have origami paper on hand, test out what you do have! I practiced a few times on regular printer paper, but then moved onto aluminum foil, waxed paper and parchment paper. All of which worked really well and lasted for more than one voyage.
I've also scoured the web and looked for and tried out many boat designs. This is the best in my opinion because it is fairly easy and it always floats!
Paper Boat - Origami How-To with Pictures
1. fold paper in half lengthwise and at width.
2. fold top half to mid-line
3. do the same to the bottom
4. fold the corners into the mid-line
5. fold the corners in again
6. do all four
7. turn horizontal and fold top point down to mid-line and bottom point up
8. open up at the center pocket
9. carefully, turn inside out
I hope you have as much fun with this as we did. We folded many boats today and it was the perfect quiet and absorbing activity for a chilly Montana morning.
Plus, it made bath-time a sought after activity.