January 16, 2013
Posted By: Shaunescy
Here is a little drop of sunshine for ya! Lemon Bars are delicious and easy to make. They are the perfect dessert to pair with fish and they keep really well in the fridge.
Ingredients: Butter, powdered sugar, salt, flour, eggs, granulated sugar, & lemon juice.
Preheat your oven to 350° and gather a 9 x 13 jelly roll pan (which is simply a cookie sheet with edges) and a couple of medium sized mixing bowls.
- Blend together 1 cup softened butter, 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly golden. (My convection oven only needed about 15 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix together 4 lightly beaten eggs, 2 cups granulated sugar, 6 Tbsp lemon juice (approx 3 large-ripe lemons ~ fresh is best) and 6 Tbsp flour.
- Spread evenly over the baked crust and continue baking for about 25 minutes or till golden brown.
- While it is still hot, sprinkle with powdered sugar. A slotted spoon works well for this task.