January 13, 2012
Posted By: Shaunescy
Don't you just love baby showers? What could be better than getting together with a bunch of friends to celebrate a new person coming into the world? All of them are so great. Doesn't matter if it's a formal Ladies Tea or a relaxed couples event. It's all a joy.
Recently, I began planning a shower for a dear friend and so many questions came to mind. Here is a small sample:
- Theme or no theme?
- Ladies only affair, guys and gals, kid friendly?
- How many guests?
- Cake or cupcakes?
- Paper invitation or Evite?
- Is there a registry (whether or not to mention on invitation)?
- Pool money for a big gift, all handmade gifts, gift certificate or anything else in particular that I should know?
- Is the mommy-to-be/couple comfortable opening a pile of gifts in front of everyone?
At the end of the day it's always fun. Other than being a thoughtful host, what tips and ideas do you have about creating a successful event? What was great/memorable about your own shower? Post a comment below and you will be entered to win a gift certificate to Cowlicks! Yep that's right, one lucky poster will get a gift card for five (5) pre-paid haircuts for ages 0-10! As Always, Montana Parent promises to never share, sell, or spam your email.